This week I highlight a free governors webinar on developing and monitoring the school’s vision, publication of guidance from the DfE’s schools benchmarking service which will be of particular interest to members of Finance and Staffing or Resources Committees and statutory guidance on induction for early careers teachers (formerly known as NQTs) which comes into force on 1 September this year.
Webinar on developing and monitoring the school’s vision
On Thursday 1 April 2021 from 8:00 to 9:00 am Governors for Schools are holding a webinar on developing and monitoring the school’s vision. The session will explore good practice in:
- developing vision statements
- how statements should guide the work of the school’s governance
- monitoring and evaluating success in pursuing the vision
To book a place on the webinar please use this link to access the Governors for Schools website.
Earlier this week the DfE published guidance for schools on benchmarking their income and expenditure. Leaders and governors can use this service to:
- compare their income and expenditure to similar schools and academy trusts
- visualise the information using benchmarking charts
- use the data to build relationships with other schools and academy trusts
Induction for early careers teachers
Statutory guidance on induction for early career teachers was published this week which will come into force from 1 September 2021 and updates and replaces the induction for newly qualified teachers (NQTs).